Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Worship Wednesday

I love concerts - always have. I remember going to concerts when I was in my late teens and early twenties, looking around the stadium, and wondering why the "old people" were at the concert. Well, last week, I went to see Chris Tomlin in concert at the State Fair, and when I looked around the stadium, I realized that I was now one of the "old people" at the concert :-) We actually went with a big group of folks who were all around our age. We filled up a whole row with "old people." And, we had a blast!

If you haven't had the opportunity to see Tomlin in concert, you should go if you get the chance. Not only is he a great musician - he's also a great worship leader. He drew the audience in and had us all participating. And, he shared some great thoughts around why and how we worship.

This Tomlin song is one of my new favorites. It was great to sing the words along with the others at the concert as a declaration that we would follow Jesus wherever He leads. I don't know if it will work its way into the worship sets at my church, but it has certainly gained a place on my personal playlist. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment