Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for... Salvation

As I wrap up my week of “thankful” posts, I’ve saved the best – and most important – for last.

Words are not enough to express my gratitude to God for sending his Son, Jesus, to this earth to die on the cross as the ultimate sacrifice for my sins so that I might experience eternal life with Him.


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16

I’m thankful for the freedom that brings to my life.


My friends, the message is that Jesus can forgive your sins! The Law of Moses could not set you free from all your sins. But everyone who has faith in Jesus is set free!” – Acts 13:38-39 (CEV)

I’m thankful for the peace that I can experience as a result.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:7

I’m thankful for the healing that’s available to me.

But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by His wounds we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5

I’m so thankful that all of these things are freely available to all of us. All we have to do is believe.

If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, ‘Anyone who believes in him wil never be put to shame.’ For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile – the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved’.” – Romans 10:9-13

No comments:

Post a Comment