Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hope

My heart is sad tonight. During this week between Christmas and New Year’s Day, most of us are enjoying some relaxing family time – playing games, watching movies, and just having fun together. But, this evening, there are a couple of families who are dear to my heart who are experiencing some incredibly difficult things, and my heart aches for them.

As I’ve been thinking about them and praying for them, the verse that keeps coming to mind is this: “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.” Proverbs 13:12


Hope deferred – to be re-visited at a later time – a hope to be fulfilled at a later date and perhaps in a way that we had not expected. Yes, our hearts are sick. Yes, we wonder why. Yes, we cry out to God and beg him for a miracle. But, no matter the outcome, all is not lost. Hope is still there – waiting in the wings – waiting for another place and another time - when all will become clear and hope at last will be fulfilled.

So, tonight I pray, and I weep, and I believe - and I hope...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment