Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Worship Wednesday

When I was thinking about songs for this week's Worship Wednesday post, there wasn't a particular song that jumped out at me because I've spent the week listening to the kids' Christmas program practice CD - over and over and over... But, the key idea from the Christmas program is leaving a legacy of love - which made me think of the song Testify to Love.

This song has a great message, but it's also really special to me because it's the song that we had played at our wedding as we were leaving the reception hall. We chose it because we wanted to emphasize the idea that we desire our lives - both independently and as a couple (and now as a family) - to testify of the love and goodness of God.

John 15:9 - 13 Jesus says: "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

What can you do today that will let your life "testify to love"?

No comments:

Post a Comment