Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Worship Wednesday (a little early!)

Repentance – Forgiveness – Restoration.

I’ve been thinking a lot about those 3 words recently. Stuff keeps happening, and those words just keep coming up. I’ve seen some folks do some things that just made me go “What in the world were you thinking?!?!?” And then just as quickly, the thought has come – “They need forgiveness.” I’ve seen some things that made me go “What a mess!” And then the thought comes – “There needs to be restoration.”

As much as I hate to admit it, I can be pretty quick to judge. But, lately, I’ve been confronted with the fact that people don’t need my judgment. They need love. They need mercy. They need a second chance. So, I’m digging in a little deeper to try to understand the role that repentance, forgiveness, and restoration should play in my life and in my relationships with other people.

I watched the movie Invictus last week, and it was a really powerful illustration of what can happen when people choose to forgive. In the movie, Nelson Mandela said “Forgiveness liberates the soul. It removes fear. That is why it is such a powerful weapon.” Wow! There’s a lot of truth in those words, and Mandela’s willingness to walk them out brought about restoration where most people thought it could never happen.

So, in keeping with that theme, here is a "Worship Wednesday" song called “Forgiven” by Sanctus Real. Take some time to really listen to the lyrics – There’s a great message here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZVjKrmvYYQ

No comments:

Post a Comment