Sunday, July 11, 2010

Why blogging - why now?

There are lots of metaphors for life, but one of my favorites is "life is a journey." I like this analogy because a journey is not just about getting from point A to point B, but it's also about what you do along the way.

I dedicated my life to Jesus at an early age, so a big part of my journey involves trying to walk out my faith. Sometimes I fail miserably, but every now and then I get it right. And, through it all, I'm always learning - always growing - always finding some nugget of truth that can help me along the way.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but lately, I've been feeling the need to dig into those nuggets a little deeper to see what else I might be able to learn and to discover more fully how I might be able to apply that wisdom to my life or use it to encourage others. I've tried journaling as a way to do that, but the busy-ness of life often gets in the way and the journal ends up lying neglected on my nightstand.

That's where this blog comes in. Blogging those thoughts and ideas is a lot like journaling, but it gives me a bit more accountability since it's open for others to see and read.

So, as I share some of the things that I'm learning on my journey, I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Let me know where I'm off base or where you can add even more insight.

And, let me know if these thoughts have somehow helped you in your journey... Because we're all on this journey together, so come on along and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Tonya! Great post! I look forward to reading about your journey. Thanks for your willingness to share. It's so good when we can walk together and learn from one another. Have you heard the song "This Journey is My Own" by Sara Groves? I love how she reminds us that at the end of the journey, we can hear God tell us, "Well done." Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've always wanted to know what was going on in that brain of yours. thanks for journeying with us.

    ReplyDelete